"The Office" = My Office

>> Friday, January 30, 2009

I was going to blog about this almost two months ago, and I can’t believe it slipped my mind.

On Dec 4th the episode of The Office, "The Surplus" this happened:

Oscar, the office accountant, tells Michael that he has a small budget surplus of $4800 left to spend that day, or it would be lost. Michael asks the staff for suggestions and they end up split half and half over getting a new copier or new ergonomic chairs.


Now, flash forward one morning to December 5th in my office. My boss, a guy named John, sent an email out…and this is the very conversation that resulted, I didn’t change a thing.

From: John
Sent: Fri Dec 05 10:24:01 2008
Subject: purchase ideas

Team;

There is a pot of money available to purchase something that costs less than $5,000. Is there anything we would like in this price range? A decision has to be made soon. I am open to ideas.

From: Bryan
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: purchase ideas

Enterprise FAX server

From: Audrey
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 10:55 AM
Subject: RE: purchase ideas

New wide-screen monitors for a few people?

From: Linnea
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 10:56 AM
Subject: RE: purchase ideas


Flat screens....

From: Bobby
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 10:59 AM
Subject: RE: purchase ideas


This would be nice to get a few in and we don’t even need to have two per workstation. I second the idea of wide-screen monitors


From: Bryan
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 11:00 AM
Subject: Re: purchase ideas

I like your idea better. And maybe some office chairs that were made within the
last 25 years.


From: Audrey
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 11:03 AM
Subject: RE: purchase ideas

Isn't that what was on 'The Office' last night?


From: Audrey
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 1:41 PM
Subject: RE: purchase ideas

Someone said something like 'Why is it that I've been engaged twice in the last 5 years, but have only had one chair?' I don't follow it well enough to know any character except Michael and Dwight.


From: Linnea
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 1:50 PM
Subject: RE: purchase ideas

11 of these = $2189.000 (Picture of monitor)

OR

11 of
these = $2244.66 (Picture of Monitor)

With plenty to spare for chairs... :-) We don't have to vote or fight about it.

1 comments:

Ni Hao Ma 8:29 AM  

no matter how many times i see this on your blog it makes me smile. i love being shown that tv actually IS an accurate representation of real life. i love life!

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP