So much dignaty lost...

>> Wednesday, May 06, 2009

I was cruising along on Spike at about 32 mph in the left lane when the car in front of me pulled into the center lane to turn left, revealing a red SUV in front of him that was completely stopped. I was about 10 yards away at that point so I SLAMMED on my breaks. With about 6 feet to go before rear ending the SUV at 20 MPH and what I can only imagine would have been me flying through the air over the top of the SUV, I ditched the scooter in the right lane with out looking. Turns out, there was a huge 16 passenger van there that was luckily paying enough attention that he didn’t hit me, run me over, or kill me. He stopped about 6 inches from me. As I was picking myself up from the pile of scooter and me, I made sure to wave to everyone that I was okay. As I was doing so, my pants fell down…so much for dignity.

7 comments:

Garbett Family 5:45 PM  

Oh my gosh! I'm so glad you are okay! I trying just to feel bad that you got hurt, but really I'm seeing you with your pants down around your ankles... trying NOT to laugh... Love ya Nea!

P.S. I'm impressed your pants COULD fall down!

Sally 9:55 PM  

WHOA! That is incredible! I am so glad you are ok - but what a great story. You tell it with such flair. Definitely one for the history books!

Pancake 10:52 PM  

So glad you are OK! Too bad about the pants.... and your dignity.

Bringhurst Family 7:59 PM  

Saved your a** then had to show it off~

Gwen 12:29 PM  

That is wonderful! Not that you crashed - you've just taken the "scared your socks off" phrase to new heights!

candace 11:43 PM  

...Your pants fell down? I guess your pants fainted?
Glad that you're ok. Sorry, I know I'm reading this post weeks late.

Jenny Whiting 8:23 PM  

holy cow, that sounds like it was a close one! you scare me. but that would've been really fun to have a picture of you! :)

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP