It gives you a second burst of CO2!

>> Friday, September 25, 2009




Monday this week was a VERY cold and VERY rainy day. I got home early and curled up to watch the older Waffle Episode of Good Eats. I was so enthralled with the idea of waffles and double acting baking powder (it lets off a second burst of CO2 when the batter his 120 Degrees)! On Wednesday night I was all primed and ready to get home from work and go running. I first stopped at the store on the way home from work for a few things. While there I was again enthralled with the idea of waffles and double acting baking powder! It was again cold and rainy, and being the cravenly runner I am, I decided to swap running for waffles! Be honest, you all would have done the same thing! Anyhow, off I went in search of Double Acting Baking Powder. It sounds like a specialty item so I hoped they had it. I didn’t know it at the time, but it turns out that most baking powders ARE Double Acting, but I didn’t know that and I bought one anyway.

While making my waffles and using my NEW DOUBLE ACTING BAKING POWDER, I remembered that I had recently already bought baking powder. I decided to brave my giant spice cabinet mess to see if I could find it. I did find it, and two others as well. I checked the expiration dates on them and just about died laughing. I guess it has been a while since I cleaned out the spice cabinet. I laughed just long enough to take the above picture and then pitch the extraneous expired double acting baking powders in the trash. I guess it is sad when your house clutter even expands to the spice cabinet!

The waffles were FANTASTIC and I am certain it is all because of the second burst of CO2 when the batter hit 120 degrees! Gotta love Alton Brown!

3 comments:

Kerry 3:58 PM  

That's hilarious! You funny. I just recently cleaned out my spice cabinet too. Threw away some things I have had for over 10 years as well.Fun stuff.

Bringhurst Family 4:46 PM  

Wow 1997 that's scary!

Ni Hao Ma 5:48 PM  

so i should say i thought it was funny, and it was. but really i keep thinking "cravenly...what a good word to use. i am so proud to have a sister who not only knows such words, but uses them as well". as you can see i am easily impressed...it may help that i have been up for about 12 minutes now. so technically i am still asleep.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP