Weirdest Mother-In-Law

>> Friday, June 13, 2008



I am pretty sure that if there were ever a “Weirdest Mother-in-Law” Award, Maria would win hands down!!!

Now, I am not saying that I don’t love her, appreciate her, and enjoy having her around most of the time but she does the WEIRDEST things EVER!!!

1. One morning a few weeks ago, I went into the kitchen and she had a wet paper towel draped over a whistling teakettle. I asked her why the paper towel. Her response? “I am using the hot teakettle to dry it out so I can use it again.” She was boiling water in the tea kettle JUST so she could dry and reuse a paper towel.

2. So, one day last year I realized it had been at least a YEAR since I had bought trash bags. Even for the most trash conscious households, this seems a little weird. But I finally found out why. Apparently, every day Maria empties the trash from the cans into plastic grocery bags, washes out the trash bags, line dries them in the backyard, and then replaces them.


3. She INSISTS that my ½ inch tall Kinder Surprise Yoda sit ON TOP of the phone jack.

4. Last week Artur found a turkey in our deep freezer that I kid you not, has been there at least 7.5 years. Maria did not want to just throw it away, she wanted to defrost it and put it in the greenbelt for the coyotes and foxes to eat. I explained to her all the reasons that was a bad idea. The one she seemed to believe the most was the poultry bones are bad for canines. SO….I come home to find that she has defrosted the turkey, boiled it to death, and DE BONED it….all so she could “do something nice for the coyotes and foxes.”


6 comments:

Bringhurst Family 1:13 PM  

I think her and my Grandma would get along. She has a serious problem with wasting and I've gotten many a wierd birthday presents in my life that were attempts at recycling.

Emilia 1:13 PM  

You know, not every story that is funny late at night is still funny in light of day. The stories of you MIL totally pass the test, though!

candace 12:35 AM  

That just totally cracked me up! Do something nice for the coyotes and foxes! heehee! AND the trash bags. Wow. That is just too funny :)

candace 12:35 AM  

That just totally cracked me up! Do something nice for the coyotes and foxes! heehee! AND the trash bags. Wow. That is just too funny :)

heather bird jackson 6:20 PM  

Your mother-in-law is way cool. I mean, think of all the money you would have wasted on silly trash bags?

heather bird jackson 8:10 AM  

P.S. My grandma used to save jello boxes in case they could come in handy. You never know, right?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP