The Universe Must Hate Me

>> Wednesday, June 03, 2009




I think I have done something terrible, well actually horrible. Last night, while I was talking with my sister in Taiwan, I was also chatting on and off with a friend. Now this friend is a pretty talented and funny guy who also is also dedicated to his life as an amateur triathlete. While chatting with him, he sent a link to a triathlon on July 11, 2009 and told me to do it (I am paraphrasing here). I laughed out loud at the thought, because I have been pretty adamant about not running again (see the Bear Creek Trail story—though this is more of an excuse than a reason these days). I have really no desire to get up at the crack-o-dawn at cock-a-doddle-do hour and swim in freakin cold H2O, bike 14 miles, and then run 3.X miles in what I can only imagine would take me three hours.

ANYHOW, the point was I laughed out loud at the suggestion, and my sister heard me. I told her why I laughed, at which point she proceeded to not only try to talk me into doing it, but telling me I should. After laughing back and forth about it and telling her there was pretty much no way I would be doing it, she wouldn’t give up.

So, I proposed a deal. Without looking at the calendar I told her that if it was on a Saturday and not a Sunday, I would do it. NOW, I knew this was a very very safe deal to make since pretty much every event of this type is held on Sundays. The chance of it being a Saturday event was like .0000000000000001% of .00000000000001%.

You can guess, without looking, what day of the week July 11, 2009 is…Yup, a Saturday.

4 comments:

Bringhurst Family 3:37 PM  

Too bad your a woman of your word!

Borland family 8:09 PM  

HEy! That's Leauna's bday!!! You could get out of it by doing something to celebrate with her....or....get her to do it with yuo lol lol lol..

Ni Hao Ma 7:12 AM  

i would laugh but i am so darn excited for you!...yes excited is a good word here.

Anonymous 6:09 AM  

You should just do it. They are fun, fun, FUN! NO wussing out Nea!

Miss you! Russia sends it's love!
xox

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP