I Now Own a Wetsuit!

>> Sunday, June 06, 2010

I bought a wetsuit! I can’t believe it! Now I have to be committed to triathlons! Anyhow, the Saturday before Memorial Day I was at REI and I knew I needed a wetsuit for the DAC Tri the Creek. They only had one triathlon wetsuit and it was looking like it had been at the store for quite a while. It was a sleeveless Women’s XL. I had researched them enough to know that a Women’s XL is meant for women up to 180 lbs, which is SOOO NOT me. But I was feeling good that day, and the price was definitely right ($153 marked down from $220). I tried it on, and got it closed. It was kind of tight up top and a felt like my “cup runneth over”. I didn’t buy it.

Then comes Tuesday. I was 5 days away from the triathlon and I needed a wetsuit. (Yes, I am that wimpy). So, at work I decided, “Heck with the ‘cup runneth over’ stuff”, I was going to go buy that darn wetsuit. So I RACED over to REI on my scooter. (Raced is defined as 34 mph on my scooter). I knew $153 was a GREAT deal for this wetsuit and I wasn’t going to find a better deal and I knew I could continue to “shrink” into it.

They still had it, so I grabbed it and took it to the cashier. I told her, “I have decided I can’t live without this wetsuit. Ring me up!” Wanna know what this wetsuit rang up at? Really? I just about died! $74! That is correct - $74. Can you say “GONGA”!

2 comments:

Pancake 4:38 PM  

WHAT A DEAL!!! Blessing! CHA CHING!!

Bringhurst Family 7:40 PM  

I love the register surprise deals!

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP