Agar-Agar

>> Saturday, March 29, 2008

So this past week I discovered something fabulous. Agar-Agar. It is a gelling agent. Apparently it is better than gelatin since it is made from seaweed and not horse hooves and bones. Thus, it is vegetarian approved. It gels better and faster too. I needed it for some Russian cake I made. I picked it up from one of the numerous Asian markets around town. It was cheap. They actually had a HUGE whole shelf full of Agar-Agar dessert mixes. Perhaps I will pick some of those up too. Check it out.

1 comments:

Emilia 9:08 PM  

I think Jell-O's only good use is for dying my hair, certainly not for ingesting. (Kool-Aid is fun for that, too.) Whole Foods and health food stores carry agar-agar, also. We've had some very yummy gelatin like desserts with it.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP