My Font III

>> Thursday, May 15, 2008

So, in playing with the free install of Scanahand, the results were okay, but not as good as the one that Corrine did for me. Here is her explanation.

"Scanahand is limited in that you cannot edit the bearings (how your letters are spaced) in your newly created font. To change the left and right bearings you need to purchase other programs. The other item about Scanahand that concerns me is the signature box. I love the idea of using my signature in a word processing program and not having to really sign the letter that I'm writing. But, I don't want anyone else having access to my signature. Therefore, I sent you the two files; one with your signature and the other without. Unfortunately, in Scanahand you have to load your completed template twice. Once with the scanned template and the second with an edited template. Or complete a second template with the signature omitted. I have found while typing with the handwritten fonts that sometimes the spacing for some of the letters isn't to my liking or to others using these fonts. For example the capital "T" and the capital "J" often seem to be spaced too far from other letters. Or that the letters are too high or low on the baseline. I did change some bearings and baselines in a different program before e-mailing your font to you. If the letter spacing or baselines are not to your liking please e-mail me with the changes that you want made."

For $10, it was totally worth it to have a better looking font.

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP