Brakes

>> Thursday, July 17, 2008

I was all ready to write a nice little editorial about my one day spent teaching canoeing up at Wellington Lake this week. But, it turns out I had a traumatic experience on my way home that trumped the serene wonderfulness that was my day up there.

On my way home from Wellington Lake the brakes in my car went out, as in…no breaks as I drove the 45 miles down the mountain. Instead of pulling over and doing the sensible thing of calling for a tow truck and getting a lift home, I kept going….in second gear up the hills and first gear down the mountains. It worked out well, and I made it home. I didn’t even need to use the emergency break. I think this experience will not go on my list of brave things done…more like…the STUPIDEST thing I have ever done that worked out okay in the end.

4 comments:

candace 11:33 PM  

I am very glad to hear that you made it home safely and didn't die.

Pancake 7:42 AM  

HOLY COW!!! I am glad it turned out the way it did! BUT....

Post some pictures from girls camp! Would love to see them!
Pam

Gwen 9:19 AM  

Do you have a transmission left?? What a fun and relaxing drive home!

Kristalyn 11:14 PM  

Hey, Linea! I found your blog through Candace's...I can't believe you drove all of the way home without brakes! I'm glad that you made it!

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP